Water damage in Manchester, NH can be tricky when it comes to home insurance. Whether or not it’s covered will be dependent on it if it is considered sudden internal damage. It will not cover any damage that is due to neglect or lack of maintenance, and it will not cover any damage that is due to a flood.
You will be covered by your policy if the water damage is the result of a snow or rain storm, plumbing issues like faulty plumbing or a burst pipe, water damage from extinguishing a fire, a leak in the roof, an overflow of an appliance accidently, or vandalism. Home insurance will not cover water damage if it’s not the result of an accident. It won’t cover any flooding, water or sewer pipe backups, ground seepage, or poorly maintained pipes that cause leaks. If you want coverage for flood damages, you have to get a separate flood insurance policy.
Mold is commonly found after water damage in a home and it’s not always covered by homeowners insurance. Mold can be destructive, but it can also be dangerous to your health. Depending on what caused the mold in the first place, it could be covered. Mold will be covered if it is a result of water damage that is related to a covered peril. For example, if a pipe bursts and allows mold to grow, then homeowners insurance will cover some of the mold removal costs because the mold would be considered an extension of water damage. Many policies will cover $5,000, but some cover more or less. Mold due to a lack of maintenance or neglect isn’t covered. Mold that grows in a humid environment, such as a basement or bathroom, will also not be covered. Any mold that grows because of a flood would be covered under flood insurance and not your homeowners policy. Check with your agent at Associated American Insurance to see if mold will be covered under your policy.
Contact Associated American Insurance, serving Manchester, NH, to get a quote on home insurance.
Condo insurance is a must to protect your unit and belongings. Your association’s master policy protects the outside of your building and common grounds, not your individual unit. If a fire-ravaged your condo’s kitchen and destroyed cabinets and kitchen appliances, condo insurance from Associated American Insurance in Manchester, NH would help pay for repairs. What kind of condo insurance do you need?
Interior Structure Protection
Condo insurance can protect the interior of your unit to include walls, ceilings, floors, light fixtures and built-in shelving against damage from fire, inclement weather, vandalism, smoke, and other disasters. There’s no telling when a catastrophe will strike. With insurance protection, you can be prepared to face any eventuality.
If family or friends visit your condo regularly, you’ll need liability coverage to protect you against accidents that may occur on your property. Liability insurance helps pay a visitor’s medical expenses if they’re injured while visiting your condo. The limits of your liability coverage should be enough to protect your assets in case you’re sued for damages.
In addition to structure and liability protection, you’ll want to protect your belongings. This includes furniture, appliances, electronics, clothes, jewelry and any other goods you own. Content insurance will pay for the repair or replacement of your goods if they’re stolen or destroyed in a disaster.
Creating an inventory of your goods and their value will make it easier to file a claim. Keep in mind that high-end goods may need extra insurance coverage to fully cover their value. You should also consider replacement cost coverage as it covers the cost of replacing your goods if they’re totally destroyed in a disaster.
For more information about condo insurance coverage and costs, contact Manchester, NH based Associated American Insurance.
While most homeowners understand the basic protections offered by a homeowners’ insurance policy, there are many benefits offered under these policies that the average American is unaware of. If you are in the Manchester, NH area and would like to review the coverage under your current policy reach out to an agent at Associated American Insurance today.
- One coverage that all dog owners should be aware of is coverage for the possibility that your pet bites someone. Liability claims arising from pet bites can quickly add up, so it is imperative that dog owners check with their insurance agent to confirm this coverage is included.
- Another benefit one might be aware of is coverage that will help bring your house up to code after a loss. For example, if a burst pipe causes your outdated electrical panel to be damaged or ruined, the insurance company will help replace it with an electrical panel that meets current code requirements.
- If you have ever suffered through a long term power outage, one knows how expensive it can be to replace the spoiled food in the refrigerator. Most homeowner’s policies provide coverage for a restocking fee after you have been affected during a power outage.
- Most parents know that they can keep their children who go off to college on their medical plans until age 26; however, most parents do not know that a portion of their homeowners’ policy can also protect their kids while they are a full-time student. Homeowners policies will cover the students’ personal property up to a certain limit.
- Any gardener will tell you that a well-landscaped garden can be expensive to replace. A homeowner’s policy will provide coverage in the event that your lawn, shrubs, and outdoor plants are damaged by a covered event.
If you are interested in purchasing a new homeowners policy or want to discuss your current coverage, please reach out to an agent at Associated American Insurance. We proudly serve the Manchester, NH area.