When you live in Concord or Manchester, NH, it’s important to find a home insurance policy that you can rely on. This way, you can meet the requirements of your mortgage company while also having the protection that you need throughout the year. At Associated American Insurance, we’re here to help you with the custom policy that you need.
What’s Included in a Policy
Home insurance policies will cover a few things regardless of where you buy from:
- The dwelling
- The property inside of the dwelling
- Loss of use
- Liability coverage
While these things are included, the amounts in which they are covered can vary. Additionally, you will want to read the fine print to find out what isn’t included. That’s when you can add riders to include more coverage so that you are protected against anything that could happen to and around your home.
Customizing a Policy for Your Needs
Customizing a policy is of the utmost importance because you don’t want to be denied a claim in the event that something happens. You will want to make sure that all structures on your property are included, such as detached garages, pools, sheds, and more. Additionally, if you have high-value items in your home such as artwork or collectibles, you will want the riders to offer full coverage. Otherwise, a claim may not cover the full amount of what was damaged or stolen from your home.
An independent agent can work with you to make sure that your policy contains everything that is needed based on your home and what’s inside.
Get the home insurance quotes that you need to make sure that you’ve got an affordable policy that covers your home every step of the way. Contact one of our agents at Associated American Insurance today so that we can help you get covered in Concord or Manchester, NH.
Water damage in Manchester, NH can be tricky when it comes to home insurance. Whether or not it’s covered will be dependent on it if it is considered sudden internal damage. It will not cover any damage that is due to neglect or lack of maintenance, and it will not cover any damage that is due to a flood.
You will be covered by your policy if the water damage is the result of a snow or rain storm, plumbing issues like faulty plumbing or a burst pipe, water damage from extinguishing a fire, a leak in the roof, an overflow of an appliance accidently, or vandalism. Home insurance will not cover water damage if it’s not the result of an accident. It won’t cover any flooding, water or sewer pipe backups, ground seepage, or poorly maintained pipes that cause leaks. If you want coverage for flood damages, you have to get a separate flood insurance policy.
Mold is commonly found after water damage in a home and it’s not always covered by homeowners insurance. Mold can be destructive, but it can also be dangerous to your health. Depending on what caused the mold in the first place, it could be covered. Mold will be covered if it is a result of water damage that is related to a covered peril. For example, if a pipe bursts and allows mold to grow, then homeowners insurance will cover some of the mold removal costs because the mold would be considered an extension of water damage. Many policies will cover $5,000, but some cover more or less. Mold due to a lack of maintenance or neglect isn’t covered. Mold that grows in a humid environment, such as a basement or bathroom, will also not be covered. Any mold that grows because of a flood would be covered under flood insurance and not your homeowners policy. Check with your agent at Associated American Insurance to see if mold will be covered under your policy.
Contact Associated American Insurance, serving Manchester, NH, to get a quote on home insurance.
While most homeowners understand the basic protections offered by a homeowners’ insurance policy, there are many benefits offered under these policies that the average American is unaware of. If you are in the Manchester, NH area and would like to review the coverage under your current policy reach out to an agent at Associated American Insurance today.
- One coverage that all dog owners should be aware of is coverage for the possibility that your pet bites someone. Liability claims arising from pet bites can quickly add up, so it is imperative that dog owners check with their insurance agent to confirm this coverage is included.
- Another benefit one might be aware of is coverage that will help bring your house up to code after a loss. For example, if a burst pipe causes your outdated electrical panel to be damaged or ruined, the insurance company will help replace it with an electrical panel that meets current code requirements.
- If you have ever suffered through a long term power outage, one knows how expensive it can be to replace the spoiled food in the refrigerator. Most homeowner’s policies provide coverage for a restocking fee after you have been affected during a power outage.
- Most parents know that they can keep their children who go off to college on their medical plans until age 26; however, most parents do not know that a portion of their homeowners’ policy can also protect their kids while they are a full-time student. Homeowners policies will cover the students’ personal property up to a certain limit.
- Any gardener will tell you that a well-landscaped garden can be expensive to replace. A homeowner’s policy will provide coverage in the event that your lawn, shrubs, and outdoor plants are damaged by a covered event.
If you are interested in purchasing a new homeowners policy or want to discuss your current coverage, please reach out to an agent at Associated American Insurance. We proudly serve the Manchester, NH area.