While most homeowners understand the basic protections offered by a homeowners’ insurance policy, there are many benefits offered under these policies that the average American is unaware of. If you are in the Manchester, NH area and would like to review the coverage under your current policy reach out to an agent at Associated American Insurance today.
- One coverage that all dog owners should be aware of is coverage for the possibility that your pet bites someone. Liability claims arising from pet bites can quickly add up, so it is imperative that dog owners check with their insurance agent to confirm this coverage is included.
- Another benefit one might be aware of is coverage that will help bring your house up to code after a loss. For example, if a burst pipe causes your outdated electrical panel to be damaged or ruined, the insurance company will help replace it with an electrical panel that meets current code requirements.
- If you have ever suffered through a long term power outage, one knows how expensive it can be to replace the spoiled food in the refrigerator. Most homeowner’s policies provide coverage for a restocking fee after you have been affected during a power outage.
- Most parents know that they can keep their children who go off to college on their medical plans until age 26; however, most parents do not know that a portion of their homeowners’ policy can also protect their kids while they are a full-time student. Homeowners policies will cover the students’ personal property up to a certain limit.
- Any gardener will tell you that a well-landscaped garden can be expensive to replace. A homeowner’s policy will provide coverage in the event that your lawn, shrubs, and outdoor plants are damaged by a covered event.
If you are interested in purchasing a new homeowners policy or want to discuss your current coverage, please reach out to an agent at Associated American Insurance. We proudly serve the Manchester, NH area.